Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Tickling My Fancy - YSL Beige Leger


After trying out YSL Gris Deco and falling in love, it really was only a matter of time (days) before I purchased my next YSL polish. Unfortunately, none of the stores near me sell YSL polishes in the flesh, so I have to rely on online swatches to choose my colours. I was a little dubious about this one - YSL Beige Leger.

Many people have likened this to OPI Tickle My France-y, which I hated on me. I think I called in "vomit-inducing" in this post. It was just too mauve/purple/cool for my skin tone and really did make me feel a little sick to look at. But I loved the IDEA of the colour. (Yes, I see a therapist.) Luckily, I found a comparison of the two in this particular blog post. Beige Leger looked exactly how I had hoped Tickle My France-y would have looked on me! She even compared them, and the OPI was more mauve, while the extra touch of warmth in Beige Leger made it harmonious with the skin.

TL;DR - I bought the polish.



Turns out a hint of added warmth can make a HUGE difference. I don't feel revulsion when I look at my hands! Depending on the lighting, Beige Leger can look more fleshy pink, more cafe au lait nude, more skin-like peach - but in my opinion, it always looks polished (ha!) and a lot more modern than the standard white-based neutral pale colour.

Count this as added to my all-time favourites.

k2k

Like this? Click below to let us know!

10 comments:

Piff said...

This is gorgeous!

kittytokaren said...

So good to see you friend :)

yujinyun said...

So glad you are posting again! And of course I want to purchase the polishes you post haha welcome back!

kittytokaren said...

It's good to be back yujinyun!! Let me know if you do purchase any of them that I post about - I love to hear other people's thoughts. :) (Especially this one since it's my new favourite!)

Arrianne said...

I love your posts. There's something so beautiful about palette cleansing nudes!

Sattakingin said...

Never sabotage yourself by angrily at negative comments. play bazaar

play bazaar

Play Bazaar said...

Aap h to apnapan lagta hai
Wrna sine m saanse bhi parayi si lagti hai

satta king
Satta King
Play Bazaar

playbazaarind-games said...

Play Bazaar Gali Desawar Free Leaks Call us or visit our and get online games result and charts, get free old result chart today and save your time and earn huge money with your tricks. Get free guessing and big save money and time. Gali Desawar, Gaziyabad, Faridabad All Sattaking games result chart free for this month. Get free and save huge with our website.
playbazaar
playbazaar

Wedding invitation videos said...

Wedding Invitation Video
WeddingInvitationVideo good videos - wedding

logistics service in india said...

top logistics companies in delhi
best logistics companies in delhi open now

Related Posts with Thumbnails