Tuesday, July 3, 2012

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard and final PhD seminar nails (stamping)


It's my birthday today (yay, kinda - a side effect of turning 25 in this country is that you get kicked off your parents' medical insurance, so I've spent the last few days manically running around getting fillings... hurray). Since I'm posting my birthday nails on my own blog, I thought I'd post the mani I wore for my final PhD seminar (and really, it's more appropriate here!). In my department, PhD students don't do a thesis defense - instead, we have a (presumably) low-pressure hour-long seminar where we present all our work. But since all the academics in your area turn up, it's still freaking nerve-wracking! Mine was last week, and this was my mani:



OPI Just Spotted the Lizard with a BM206 pattern stamped on top in ulta3 Black Satin. Of course, I did them a while before I actually had my seminar, and I was so stressed out beforehand that I had no time to refresh it, so it was tipwear country.

This is JStL by itself:


Pretty blue-green/gold duochrome! Not super duochromey, but still very stylish and interesting... but since I just got a bunch of Ozotics, I don't know if it's enough for me anymore! Will my hunger for multichromes ever end????

(Also, if you were planning to enter, my Pedi-Sox/foot treatment/duochrome pigment giveaway is still open!)

Like this? Click below to let us know!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Quite mesmerizing!

Rebecca said...

That is gorgeous! It almost look like a nail wrap it turned out so perfect.

Anonymous said...

I love this combo!!
Beautiful nail polish and beautiful stamping :)

http://todoslosesmaltessonpocos.blogspot.com.es

beachgal said...

Happiest of b'days...so glad to hear this phase of your PhD is done - still sounds slightly like my defense for mine was - as mine did not last more than 1.5 hrs and I had very few questions asked. Most questions asked were from other still yet to finish candidates. I have this shade. Many say it's the OPI version of Chanel Peridot. I personally like this one better than Peridot which was a bit too strong on the gold side for my love, despite I like gold shifts. How lucky that you got a biggie haul of Osotics! I am jealous. I don't own one of 'em.

Veronica Gorgeois said...

Trippy and awesome... Your nails are the perfect length to show off JSTL's color shift!

Unknown said...

This looks amazing Michelle! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Kimberley said...

I love the mani!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! :) Especially the stamping compliments, since during my first few stamping attempts I thought I'd never get the hang of it!

minnie said...

Gorgeous mani! Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on your birthday and your PhD!

Huda said...

Congrats on the PHD final seminar! Happy birthday! Im finishing up my Masters right now and ill be applying to a Phd program soon, I have to find a job first! Love this color, I have it but haven't worn it yet, but the stamping looks great.

Aly MaiSenzaSmalto said...

Congrats on your PhD and happy birthday! This mani in amazing, both stamping and colour combo are great!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails